Thursday, September 5, 2013

Baseball

Being a girl you are expected to play "girl" sports. However i did not believe that i should have to play something i did not want to play when i would rather be playing against more competitive players. So on the note i decided i wanted to play baseball and not softball. My parents signed me up for tee ball and on my team there was me and one more girl, the rest were boys. I thought it was pretty cool i had another girl on my team but she did not stick to baseball very long. My hometown is very small so i was the only girl playing baseball for a long period of time which i thought was cool.I was a pitcher for baseball which is weird because most people think girls can't pitch, but i could. Almost all the boys hated me because i was striking them out but the boys on my team loved it. Most girls who started out in baseball switched to softball after a year of baseball but i stuck with it until i went to 7 seventh grade when they made me. They told me a girl should be playing softball not baseball which made me mad because if i was good enough to play with the boys then why shouldn't i be able to but instead of fighting it i gave softball a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment